top of page


As part of the PB Group, Petherbridge Bassra is the specialist department at Brimble & Co. Solicitors dealing with all personal injury cases.


If you have been injured in an accident that is not your fault, contact Brimble & Co's team of Personal Injury lawyers to find out whether you could be entitled to compensation. Nothing can erase the pain and trauma of an accident at work, on the road, or whilst going about your daily business, but a compensation claim means that you receive a financial sum that could cover your loss of earnings, cost of care, travel and relieve some of the financial stress that can follow an accident.

Brimble & Co. work on a no win no fee basis. You've got absolutely nothing to lose by contacting us to discuss your accident and we will give you our honest opinion as to the likelihood of your claim being successful. Remember that because we are lawyers, not just claim handlers or 'middle men', we will negotiate your settlement for you, even representing you in Court if necessary so you can be sure that you will receive the best possible level of compensation. You will have a dedicated solicitor who looks after your case and is a local point of contact so you know the person who is fighting on your behalf - your case is not just a file number - to us it's about you.

We have a lot of experience on complex personal injury cases involving accidents at work, where an employer may be initially refusing to take any blame for the accident, and also medical negligence cases where the ramifications of an error can have life-long consequences and result in a high value settlement. Many people also come to see us if they've been involved in a road traffic accident and even if the other party was not insured, we can still claim for compensation.

Call us today to arrange a completely free, no-obligation, initial discussion and we will be able to tell you how your personal injury claim could result in a financial settlement that will benefit you, your family and the other people that have had to support you whilst you've been recovering from your accident.

Because we know that money can be tight if you're off work following an accident, we can give you a £500 advance* on your claim to tide you over and relieve some of your immediate money worries.

*Subject to initial assessment of your claim

pavement trip

If you have been involved in an accident on a public pavement, and have suffered a personal injury as a result of the accident, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee compensation claim. To be eligible to make a pavement compensation claim, there must be some form of defect with the pavement in order to be able to hold the council or local authority responsible for the accident.

Pavement Trip Compensation

The two most common types of defect which cause trips on pavements and public footpaths are potholes and raised paving slabs. If you have tripped due to a pothole on the pavement, it is important to try to get a measurement of how deep the pothole is. In order to hold the council responsible for the pavement trip, the pothole needs to be at least an inch deep. If the pothole is less than an inch deep, your pavement trip compensation claim is unlikely to be successful.


If you have tripped on a pavement due to a raised paving slab, raised cobble stone or raised tarmac, and have suffered a personal injury as a result, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee compensation claim. As with trips in potholes, the raised defect must be an inch or more in order to make a successful pavement trip claim.


What should I do if I have had a pavement trip accident?


If you have had a pavement trip accident due to a pothole, a raised pavement or any other defect, you should try to get a photograph of the defect as soon as possible. When taking the photograph it is a good idea to put a ruler in or against the defect so the photograph shows the depth or height of the pavement defect. If you do not have a ruler, you could use a 50pence coin, a matchbox, or any other items which gives an indication of the size of the defect.


If there are witnesses to your pavement trip, you should try to record their names and contact details. It is also a good idea to report your pavement accident to the local council so they can make a note of the accident. As with any personal injury claim in order to make a successful compensation claim for a pavement trip it is essential that you seek medical attention for your injuries.


If you have had an accident within the past three years due to a defect on a public pavement, and have suffered an injury as a result of the accident, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee pavement trip compensation claim.

When you are at work your employer has a responsibility to ensure your safety by providing a safe environment and the right equipment for you to carry out the required work. If you have a work accident because of a failure in meeting certain requirements you are entitled to be compensated for any personal injury you may have sustained.

work injury

Workplace Injury

Your workplace will have strict Health and Safety regulations to ensure employees are working in a safe environment. Accidents at work can occur due to many reasons; you may have been provided with faulty equipment, not received the adequate training for a job or task, or asked to do something that resulted in a major or minor injury that could otherwise have been prevented.

Accidents or Injuries in the workplace can occur through many hazards. Some typical examples of work accidents include the following:

  • Involved in a forklift truck (FLT) accident

  • Construction site accidents including scaffolding accidents and ladder accidents

  • Slipped on a wet floor with no warning sign

  • Tripped over a cable

  • Not been provided with protective equipment

  • Had a road accident whilst delivering goods

  • Used unsuitable or faulty equipment provided by the employer

  • Manual handling injuries, e.g. had to lift heavy objects which caused an injury

  • Been provided with inadequate training

  • Been injured as a result of mistakes made by other employees

road traffic accident

If you have been injured in a road traffic accident, whether as a driver, passenger, pedestrian or cyclist, you may have a compensation claim against the driver responsible or even partly responsible for the accident.

Road Traffic Accidents

Vehicle users are required by law to have insurance and the claim is most likely to be dealt with by the responsible driver's insurance company. Even if there isn't a police prosecution, you may still have a claim. Even if the responsible driver is not insured you may still make a road traffic accident claim against the Motor Insurers Bureau - an organisation established to compensate the injured victims of uninsured and untraced drivers.


Other than claiming for your injuries you may also be able to claim for the following losses:-


  • Loss of use of your vehicle

  • Cost of hiring a replacement vehicle

  • Vehicle damage

  • Loss of earnings

  • Future losses

  • Out of pocket expenses, taxi fares, prescriptions etc.

  • Other losses, damaged clothing equipment etc.


We work on a No Win No Fee basis.

For more information on our 'Personal Injury' team at Petherbridge Bassra please click below:


The Ministry of Defence, like any other employer, has a responsibility to protect their employees from injury or illness at work wherever possible.

military compensation

Armed Forces


With some exceptions, they are very largely subject to the regulations that protect employees, contractors and visitors and must therefore be sure to provide a safe workplace, well maintained and suitable equipment and sufficient training, instruction and protective wear as required.


If a failure to take reasonable safety measures results in an accident, injury or illness, the injured party may be entitled to make a military injury compensation claim. In general, a claim made by a member of the armed forces in respect of a personal injury sustained during the course of their work will be made against the Ministry of Defence.


It is a common misconception that a claim can only be brought after a person has left the armed forces... This is not the case. If, however an injury is sustained during engagement with an enemy in the course of combat a civil claim is unlikely to be successful as the principle of combat immunity may arise.


In those cases, it might be possible to pursue a claim under the no fault Armed Forces Compensation Scheme. Under the scheme, applicants do not have to show that someone else was at fault.

For more information on our 'Personal Injury' team at Petherbridge Bassra please click below:


For more information call 01274 724 114

or complete the contact form below...

Thanks! Message sent.

Appointments available in Bradford
bottom of page